Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monogamy

"It ended bad, but I loved what we started..." ~ Fiona Apple

I am a bridge, you have crossed me
over into the arms of another. The
shimmering gleam bright on
the newfound day deeper shades
my hollow clouds.

My girders shake under the weight
yet again, lIt by hanDs more kindly
crafted than my own, nails shaped
by master craftsmen affixed to
ropes restricting range and power,
rapes existing from past lovers
rip my heart from underwater.

I'd better bring an umbrella;
anyone can see IT Looks Like Rain
around here.

We'll look around at downed trees--
I'll despair, you'll delight. You'll see
a playground and I a land mine, but
I'll never hate your innocent mind.

Sunset is all I have, fading slowly
Into The Dark, where only stars
remain. But I'm not looking anymore,
and neither are you. We've both got
our reasons, insulated from each other,
private power lines that once
intertwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment